勇往直前邓好
A:You know Iden ,I don‟t know much about you. Where were you born? B:I was born in London, but I spent most of my childhood in Hongkong. A: What was your childhood like? B: I had a pretty strict up-bring,and my parents and I were always fighting about it . A:Do you get along with your parents now? B:Oh, sure. Once they reached middle age, they became a lot less uptight. A:Where did you go to university? B:My parents wanted me to stay in Hongkong, but I decided to go back to England, I graduated from Oxford University with a degree in Eglish literature. A:What‟s your current occupation? B:I‟m a freelance writer. i write magazine articles and fiction books A:Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? B:No, I didn‟t. I was an english teacher for about five years, but by the time I was thirty, I decided I want a fresh challenge. A:How did you start writing? B:I started writitng mangzin articles for fun, and eventurally was asked to write a book, so I was pretty lucky. A:Are you writing a book now? B:Yes, it‟s about a group of friends living in a foreign country ,and all the strange experiences they have A:Sounds interesting.
贝壳athena
英语情景对话课是指在英语教学中,创设一定的话题情景或社交活动的情景场面,通过师生互动或生生互动的语言交流活动,来实现学生语言知识的掌握、听说交际能力素质的培养及提高的目标。 我整理了高中英语对话短文,欢迎阅读!
支持一方面而与另一方壁垒分明
A:I think mum should not take sides. After all, weare all her children.
A:我觉得妈妈不该偏向,毕竟我们都是她的孩子。
B:But our younger sister is the apple of her eye.
B:但是我们的妹妹是她的掌上明珠。
A:It's unfair.
A:这太不公平了。
B:Well, we can do nothing about it.
B:那我们也没办法呀!
A:every time when the heroes came back from thebattlefield, we took our hats off to them.
A:每次当英雄们从战场回来的时候,我们都脱帽向他们致敬。
B:You were showing respect and admiration forthem.
B:那是人们对英雄的尊敬。
A:I wish I were a hero.
A:真希望我也能成为一名英雄。
A:I couldn't believe you should crack such a joke tothem.
A:我无法相信你会跟他们开这样的玩笑。
B:What was wrong?
B:有什么不对吗?
A:You carried it too far. You obviously offendedsomeone.
A:你搞得过火了,显然你激怒了什么人。
B:I didn't mean to hurt anyone.
B:我不是有意要伤害谁。
A:I know, I know. But someone took offence.
A:我知道,我知道,可有人生气了。
take it on the chin
忍辱负重
A:What a police officer!
A:什么警察!
B:I've never seen such a scene either except infilms.
B:除了在电影里我从来没见过这种情景。
A:It's really unimaginable. The police officer screamedat the driver and used bad language, but the drivertook it on the chin.
A:真不可思议。那个警察对司机大喊大叫,还污言秽语,可那位司机却忍了。