Directions: This part is to test your ability to use words and phrase correctly to construct meaningful and grammatically correct sentences. In this part, there are 20 incomplete sentences here. You are required to complete each statement by choosing the appropriate answer from the 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1.Those who have _________ big contributions to the company should be awarded.
A. afforded B. given C. included D. made
2. As a parent, you will _________ full responsibility for what you say and do to your kids.
A. commit B. take C. give D. do
3. I believe that I am ________ for the position because of my education background and work experience.
A. qualified B. demanded C. applied D. collected
4. We supply different telephone communication products, some of ________ are particularly useful for small businesses.
A. what B. which C. whom D. these
5. She found it difficult to concentrate while ________ her new novel.
A. write B. wrote C. writing D. written
6. Healthcare is one of the areas _______ the successes of Al have the greatest practical value.
A. from that B. of whom C. by them D. in which
7 Since 1949, our country _________ remarkable progress in reducing poverty.
A. make B. made C. is making D. has made
8. If I _______ his telephone number, I would have turned to him for help.
A. have known B. will know C. had known D. knew
9. A good business plan helps you _________ and grow your business.
A. set B. run C. excise D. relate
10. If you have received several job ________ during your job searching, how do you choose the best one?
A. offers B. regulations C. benefits D. answers