彷徨爱情
Waiter, we have been waiting for 20 minutes. Wouldyou mind hurrying?
服务员,我们已经等了20分钟了,能快点吗?
I am sorry, sir, the fish you ordered will take a longertime because we make it with fresh fish.
非常抱歉,先生,您的菜要花长点时间去准备,因为我们是用鲜鱼做的。
That's fine. Would you please bring me some wine?
很好,能给我些酒吗?
Sure, is dry white wine OK?
当然,干白葡萄酒可以吗?
Yes. Thank you.
好的,谢谢。
Do you like the food here?
您喜欢这里的菜肴吗?
Yes. The baked fish was out of this world.
是的,烤鱼实在是太好吃了。
I am glad you like it.
很高兴您喜欢。
Can we have the bill now?
我们现在可以结账吗?
Sure. It's $100.
当然,总共100美元。
Hey!That food was terrific.I can't eat another bite.Are you sure you don't want another dish?
嘿!食物很美味。我一口也吃不下去了。你确定你不要再来一道菜?
No.I'm full.My stomach isn't growling at me any more.
不,我饱了。我的肚子已经不咕咕叫了。
I know what you mean.I'm so full that I can burst.
Shall we go then?
我明白你的意思。我饱到快要爆炸了。那么我们走了吗?
I'm all set.Thank you for the dinner.Jack.
我吃饱了.杰克,谢谢你的晚餐。
You are welcome.
不客气。
A:Can you manage chopsticks?
你能用筷子吗?
B:Why not? See.
为什么不能?看!
A:Good mastery. How do you like our Chinese food?
好功夫。你觉得我们中国食物怎么样?
B:Oh,at! It's delicious. You see, I am already putting on weight. There is one thing I don't like however, MSG.
太好了,真好吃。你看,我都发福了。不过还是有一样我不喜欢的,那就是味精。
A:What's wrong with MSG? It helps to bring out the taste of the food.
味精怎么了?它可以使人吃起菜来津津有味。
B:According to some studies it may cause cancer.
一些研究表明,它有可能引起癌症。
A:Oh, don't let that worry you. If that were true, China wouldn't have such a large population.
喔,不要担心。如果是那样,中国就不会有这么多人了。
B:I just happen to have a question for you guys. Why do the Chinese cook the vegetables? You see what I mean is that most vitamin are destroyed when heated.
我正有一个问题要问你们,为什么中国人都要把蔬菜炒熟啊?我是说,当加热的时候,很多营养都被破坏了。
A:I don't know exactly. It's a tradition. Maybe it's for sanitary reasons.
我不太知道,这是一个传统,或许是出于卫生的原因吧。
A:The portions here are man sized. We usually end up taking half of the meal home with us.
这里的食物很大份,我们通常都会把剩下的一半带回去。
B:Everything looks so good. Is there anything in particular that you recommend?
每道菜看起来都很可口,有什么你特别想推荐的吗?
A:Hey, sis. You know me, if I don't like everything on the menu, I don't go back to the restaurant!
老妹,你知道我这个人要不是菜单上所有的食物我都喜欢,我是不会再光顾这家餐厅的!
B:So you're saying I can't go wrong with anything I order? In that case...
你是说我不管点什么都不会错吗?如果是这样...
A:Wait, you love salmon, don't you? They have the best salmon pasta.
等一下,你喜欢蛙鱼吧?他们的蛙鱼通心面很棒。
B:That sounds really good! Does it come with a soup?
那听起来很不错!有汤吗?
A:Soup and bread and salad bar! I'm telling you, these people know how to keep you coming back!
汤、面包和沙拉吧!我告诉你,这家餐厅深谙留住顾客之道!
B:I see what you mean!
我懂你的意思!
A: Two number 3s, please.
A:我要两份3号餐。
B: All right. What would you like to drink?
B:好的,饮料要喝什么?
A: Diet Coke.
A:健怡可乐。
B: Regular or large?
B:普通杯还是大杯?
A: Regular, please.
A:普通杯。
B: OK. Anything else?
B:好的,还要点些什么吗?
A: No, thanks.
A:没有了。
B: For here or to go?
B:在这里吃还是带走?
A: For here.
A:在这里吃。
John: Eating is a real passion for me.
约翰:我对品尝美食真的很有热情。
Sharon: Me too.
莎伦:我也是。
John: I love all types of food. Which is your favorite dish?
约翰:我喜欢所有类型的食物。你最喜欢什么菜?
Sharon: Ahm…my favorite type of food is probably Sichuan food which is one of the spiciest Chinese cuisines.
莎伦:嗯……我最喜欢四川菜,这是中国菜中最辣的菜系之一。
John: I am a big fan of spicy food, too.
约翰:我也非常喜欢辣味食物。
Sharon: I have visited Chengdu and the food there was quite amazing.
莎伦:我去过成都,那里的美食真的非常棒。
John: Spicy food is good in the winter.
约翰:冬天吃辣味的食物很好。
Sharon: Because it can warm you up when the weather is cold!
莎伦:因为冬天吃辛辣的食物能使你暖和起来!
John: Yes, I think so. Eating Sichuan food in the room makes me feel so good when the weather is very cold.
约翰:是的,我也这么认为。当天气很冷的时候,坐在屋子里吃四川菜感觉真的很好。
Sharon: Oh, my mouth is watering.
莎伦:噢,我都在流口水了。
John: Maybe we can go to a Sichuan restaurant for supper.
约翰:也许我们可以去一家四川餐馆吃晚饭。
Sharon: Good idea!
莎伦:好主意!
芥末花vera
英语对话教学是英语课堂教学的重要组成部分,在提升教师教学能力、促进学生学习方面发挥着越来越重要的作用。我整理了有关食物的英语对话,欢迎阅读!
Waitress:
Good morning. Can I help you?
早上好。有什么能效劳的吗?
Bob:
I want an American breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up.
我想要一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋。
Waitress:
What kind of juice do you prefer, sir?
您想要哪种果汁呢?
Bob:
Grapefruit juice and please make my coffee very strong.
西柚汁,还有,我要杯很浓的咖啡。
Waitress:
Yes, sir. American breakfast with fried eggs, sunny side up, grapefruit juice and a black coffee. Am I correct, sir?
好的,一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋、西柚汁及一杯清咖啡,对吗?
Bob:
Yes, that’s right.
是的。
Waitress:
Is there any thing else, sir?
还有什么吗,先生?
Bob:
No, that’s all.
没有了,谢谢。
Waitress:
What would you like to drink, sir?
先生,要喝点儿什么?
John:
I'd like some tea. What kinds of tea do you have?
喝茶吧。你们这儿都有什么茶?
Waitress:
We have black tea, green tea and Wulong tea. Which kind would you like to order?
有红茶,绿茶还有乌龙茶等等。您要喝哪种?
John:
I don't know. What would you recommend?
我也不知道,你给我推荐一下吧。
Waitress:
I suggest you to have some green tea. Green tea has a cooler flavor, suitable to drink during the summer.
我建议您喝点儿绿茶。绿茶性凉,适合夏天喝。
John:
What green tea do you have then?
那你们绿茶有哪些呢?
Waitress:
Longjing, Biluochun and Huangshan Maofeng.
有龙井,碧螺春和黄山毛峰。
John:
I'd like a pot of Biluochun.
来壶碧螺春吧。
John:
No, once I fill the tub with beer, I’ll get the ice. The beer will be cool if you put the tub under the ice. The cooler, the better.
没有,我要先把桶装满啤酒,再去弄冰块。如果你把酒桶放在冰里面,啤酒就会变凉的,而且越凉越好。
Lily:
Just buy a cask of wine. Have you bought ice yet?
买一桶酒吧。买冰了吗?
John:
I don’t think we need too much in the way of soft drinks. Two super bottles of Cola should cover everyone. What about wine?
我想,我们并不需要太多的饮料。买两大瓶可乐就可以了。葡萄酒呢?
Lily:
Well, not everyone wants to drink beer. Make sure there are some soft drinks and juice. Nothing’s as refreshing as iced drinks on a hot day.
不是每个人都想喝啤酒的。准备些软饮料和果汁吧。在大热天没有什么能够像冰饮料那样让人神清气爽。
John:
Tonigt is a party night! What drinks do you think we need?
今晚是派对之夜!你认为我们需要什么样的饮料?
John:
Well, if you say so. Personally speaking, I’d rather die of thirst than drink champagne.
哦, 如果你这么说的话, 说实话, 我宁愿渴死也不要喝香槟.
Lily:
I think a bottle of champagne would be a good idea. It’s appetizing and tasty.
我觉得来瓶香槟也是个不错的主意。又开胃又可口。