虫虫殿下
如下:
Dashan: Rumei and Yunbo are from China. They're from Beijing.
大山:如梅和云波来自中国。他们是从北京来的。
Monica: Really. You're a long way from home. Welcome to Vancouver.
莫尼卡:是这样,那你们可是远离家乡啊。欢迎你们来到温哥华。
Yunbo: Thanks, Monica. We're happy to be here. It's a beautiful airport.
云波:谢谢你,莫尼卡。来到温哥华我们很高兴。这飞机场真美。
Monica: Yes, it's new. It was built in 1996. It links Canada to the world. Planes go to China every day.
莫尼卡:是的,机场是新建的,是1996年建成的。它将加拿大与世界连成一体。
每天都有从这里飞往中国的班机。
Yunbo: Really?
云波:是吗?
Dashan: Monica, Rumei works at a university, too.
大山:莫尼卡,如梅也在大学里工作。
Monica: Oh. What do you do?
莫尼卡:哦,那你是做什么工作的?
Rumei: I'm an English professor. What do you do, Monica?
如梅:我是英语教授。莫尼卡,你是做什么工作的?
Monica: I'm a librarian. I work at the University of British Columbia.
莫尼卡:我是图书管理员。我在不列颠哥伦比亚大学工作。
Dashan: Monica is a librarian at the University of British Columbia.
大山:莫尼卡是BC大学的图书管理员。
Rumei: Dashan. Please speak English.
如梅:大山,请说英语!
Dashan: OK. Sorry, Rumei.
大山:好的。对不起,如梅。
Monica: And what about you, Yunbo, what do you do?
莫尼卡:云波,你呢,你是做什么的?
Yunbo: Oh, I'm a television director.
云波:哦,我是电视台的编导。
Rumei: He works at CCTV.
如梅:他在CCTV工作。
Monica: What is CCTV?
莫尼卡:CCTV是什么地方?
Yunbo: China Central Television. It's our national television station.
云波:是中国中央电视台的简称。
Monica: How interesting!
莫尼卡:那你的工作可真有趣。
Yunbo: I direct news programmes.
云波:我是新闻节目的导播。
Monica: How exciting!
莫尼卡:太有意思了!
Dashan: Monica, where is your car?
大山:莫尼卡,你的汽车停在哪儿了?
Monica: It's outside the terminal. Oh, no! A parking ticket!
莫尼卡:就在机场大楼外边。哎呀,糟了,违章停车罚款通知单!
Rumei: This hotel is beautiful.
如梅:这家酒店很漂亮。
Dashan: Yes, it's new. The hotel was built in 1996.
大山:对,是新建的。酒店建于1996年。
Rumei: Dashan, please speak English.
如梅:大山,请说英语!
Dashan: Sorry, Rumei. The hotel was built in 1996.
大山:对不起,如梅。酒店建于1996年。
Yunbo: Dashan, where's the front desk?
云波:服务台在哪里?
Dashan: It's straight ahead.
大山:就在正前方。
Clerk: Good afternoon. May I help you?
服务员:下午好,我能为您效劳吗?
Rumei: Yes, I have a reservation. My name is Su Rumei. Su is my family name.
如梅:是的。我在这儿预订了房间。我叫苏如梅,苏是我的姓。
Clerk: How do you spell your last name?
服务员:您的姓怎么拼写?
Rumei: S-U.
如梅:S-U。
Clerk: So that's Ms Su from Beijing, China. Yes, I have your reservation for a double room.
It's for three nights.
服务员:哦,是从中国北京来的苏女士。这儿有您订的双人间,住三个晚上。
Yunbo: That's right.
云波:对。
Clerk: Please sign the registration form.
服务员:请在登记表上签名。
Rumei: Of course.
如梅:好的。
Clerk: Your room number is 625. Here are the keys. Do you need a porter?
服务员:您的房间是625号。这是钥匙。要叫人搬行李吗?
Rumei: No, we don't. We don't have many bags. Thanks anyway.
如梅:不用了,我们的提包不多,但还是要谢谢你。
Yunbo: Where are the elevators?
云波:电梯在哪儿?
Clerk: The elevators are over there next to the washroom.
服务员:电梯在那边,在洗手间旁边。
Dashan: Excuse me. Do the rooms have colour televisions?
大山:对不起,请问房间内有彩电吗?
Clerk: Yes, sir. They do.
服务员:有,先生。
Dashan: Does the hotel have a coffee shop?
大山:酒店里有咖啡厅吗?
Clerk: Yes, it does. It's right behind you.
服务员:有,就在你的身后。
Dashan: Does the hotel have an exercise room?
大山:酒店里有健身房吗?
Clerk: No, it doesn't. But we have a swimming pool.
服务员:没有,不过有游泳池。
yuki不乖
与人进行具有幽默色彩的英语对话,这样的练习让我们更加有兴趣不是吗?大家不要忘了哦。下面我为大家带来双人英语对话,希望能博君一笑。
A:I want some envelopes,please.
B:Do you want the large size or the small size?
A:The large size,please.
Do you have any writing paper?
B:Yes,we do. I don't have any small pads.
I only have large ones.
Do you want a pad?
A:Yes,please.
And I want some glue
.B:A bottle of glue.
A:And I want a large box of chalk,too.
B:I only have small boxes.
Do want one?
A:No,thank you.
B:Is that all?
A:That's all,thank you.
B:What else do you want?
A:I want my change.
A:Tell me a little bit about yourself.
请介绍一下你自己.
B:My name is David and I live in Shanghai,I was born in 1980.My major was electrical engineering.
我叫David,住在上海,出身于1980年.我的专业是电子工程.
A:What kind of personality do you think you have?
你认为你有怎样的性格?
B:Well,I approach things very enthusiastically,I think,and I don't like to leave things half-done.I'm very organized and extremely capable.
嗯,我做事非常热心,我不喜欢把事情做一半.我非常有组织能力,也很能干.
A:What would you say are your weaknesses and strengths?
你的弱点和优点是什么?
B:Well,I'm afraid I'm a poor speaker,however I'm fully aware of this,so I've been studying how to speak in public.I suppose my strengths are I'm persistent and a fast-learner.
嗯,我不太擅长说话,我已经意识到这点,因此正在学习如何在公众场所说话.我想我的优点是很执着,而且学东西很快.
A:Do you have any licenses or certificates?
你有执照或资格证书吗?
B:I have a driver's license,and I am a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
我有驾驶执照,我是注册会计师.
A:How do you relate to others?你和别人相处如何?
B:I'm very co-operative and have good teamwork spirit.
我能与人合作,富有团队精神
A:Hi B,any plans this Sunday?
B:Hi A,I need to do volunteer work at the hospital this Sunday.
A:That sounds interesting.What exactly is a volunteer?And what type of skills would you need?
B:A volunteer is simply a person who is willing to give some time to help.As far as skills,I don't think you really need any.Just a willingness to help.
A:But don't you need medical skills to volunteer at a hospital?
B:No.The volunteers at the hospital do not actually provide medical service.We do simple tasks such as bring meals to the patients' rooms,assist the hospital staff move a patient from one room to another room,or walk a patient out when he/she is being discharged.
A:I see.But I thought the hospital already has staff to do all that type of work?
B:Well,not all hospitals have the budget to hire so many staff.Therefore they rely on volunteers,such as myself,to come in during weekends to give a hand.
A:That sounds like a great thing to do.I would be interested in becoming a volunteer too!
B:That's easy.Just come with me this Sunday.I'll give you a call around 9am and we can meet at the bus stop.
A:OK!See you then.
A:Nowadays,it seems that everything is changing rapidly.
B:Sure,even the love.What do you think of love?
A:Usually,love refers to the passion between male and female.But generally speaking,it refers to the inner warm feeling between children and parents,wife and husband,even teachers and students.
B:Have you found that such kind of general love is changing?
A:Needless to say,it is also changing.Some of the love cannot be called love any longer.The relation between people is changing with the development of the society and the modern science as well.
B:An example?
A:Well,let's say love between a man and a lady.More and more young people are talking about houses,cars and income before their marriages.
B:I t sounds terrible.No pure love at all.
优质英语培训问答知识库