绿草泱泱
经典美文不仅是文学史中最具文学鉴赏价值、最富文化精髓的艺术作品,同时还是我们借鉴并用以指导学生写作的不可多得的范本。我精心收集了初中英语美文,供大家欣赏学习!
Say Nothing
什么也不说
How tired I am! Looking at the night lamp,
真累啊!注视着夜灯。
I think about nothing in particular.
我的脑子一片空白,
I also don't feel like saying anything
也不想说什么。
Soft music comes from the radio. It makes me more tired and sleepy.
收音机里飘出来的轻音乐让我昏昏欲睡,
My eyelids are feeling heavy.
眼皮沉甸甸的。
Suddenly,it occurs to me that I haven't done my homework yet.
突然,我意识到我还没有做完家庭作业。
What a shame!I have to turn off the radio and open my math exercise book.
真可怜.我得关掉收音机,打开数学练习本。
"Which of the six graphs best represents each function?"
"下面六幅图哪个最准确地代表了各个公式。"
reads the title.
我念着题目。
The work is not difficult for me,
这些作业对我来说不太难,
but I am weary and when I see the mountainous pile of books on my left,
可是我筋疲力尽,再看看左手边堆积如山的书本,
I really don't want to do any more.
我真的不想再做了。
Sometimes I hate having to read so many books.
有时候我真讨厌要读那么多书,
I don't know why we have to read all kinds of books
我真不明白为什么要读尽有的
and take so many boring examinations.
参加那么多的考试。
Some teachers divide students into groups according to how high their marks are
有些老师根据学生的分数划分学生等级。
It seems that students with different marks are treated differently.
分数不同的学生所受的待遇不同。
It is a good idea but do teachers really know how a"bad-student"thinks?
这是个好办法.可是老师们真的知道"差学生"怎么想的吗?
I guess it's the worst way.
我想这是最差劲的办法。
As we know some Nobel winners were actually bad students,
众所周知,一些"诺贝尔"获得者其实是差学生,
while none of the top students ever win it.
没有一个好学生获得这个奖。
What do you think about it?
你是怎么想的呢?
Everyone,including students,teachers, parents etc.
包括学生,老师,家长在内的所有人
expects the education system to change.
都希望改善教育体系。
As the students, we all need to study in the same wonderful sunshine.
作为学生,我们需要在同等的环境中学习。
I should let you know,that what the students need is knowledge
我还要告诉你们,学生需要的是知识而
but not necessarily high marks.
而不是高分。
It's 12 o'clock now.
已是午夜12点了。
I hope that I didn't get too carried away musing over these problems.
我希望这些问题不要占据我太多的时间,
Anyhow,I have to prepare for tomorrow's test.
不管怎样,我还要准备明天的考试。
I really don't want to say anymore.
我真的什么也不想说了。
What a Busy Morning
忙碌的早晨
Either the first streaming of the sunshine,which broke the dark night,
打破黑夜的第一道阳光,
or the hurried steps on the stairs made by those who hastened to catch the time
或是楼上赶时间的人匆忙的脚步声,
brough me back to consciousness,and before my window of heart being opened,
把我从睡梦中唤醒.在迎接新的一天到来之前,
my hand had reached out of the warm quilt
我先把手从暖和的被窝中伸出来
to the watch placed on the bed-stand.
抓起放在床头的表。
With a sleeping look at the watch,
迷糊中看了看表,
I repeated the time deep in my heart,"Twenty to seven."
心中默念着"七点差二十分"。
"What?Twenty to seven?"
"什么?七点差二十分?"
Throwing the quilt aside without losing time,
把被子一扔,为了抓紧时间,
I jumped to my feet and addressed myself at flying speed.
我踮着脚,边跑边穿衣服。
With a basin,in which lay the tooth- brush and toothpaste on my left hand,
左手拿着脸盆,里面放着牙刷,牙膏;
and the towel around my neck,I hurried to the washroom.
脖上围着洗脸毛巾,我飞般地冲进了卫生间。
Putting down the basin and switching on the tap,
放下脸盆,打开水龙头,
I turned to the closet and took out of a bag of instant noodles,
转向壁柜,拿出一袋速食面
with the purpose of cooking myself breakfast.
来做早餐。
Hot vapor rose from the pot.
热气从水壶中冒出来。
I stood brushing my yellowish teeth beside the hearth,
站在炉前,我一边刷着泛黄的牙,
monitoring the cooking process.
一边准备早餐。
Few minutes later, the noodles were ready,and washing was done.
几分钟后,早餐好了,洗漱完了.
Hot as it was,it couldn't hinder me from eating.
尽管很烫,我还是吃下去了。
As I got to my feet and walked to the door,
迈开步伐朝门口走去,
I picked up a piece of scroll to wipe off the grease around my rosy mouth
我撕了一卷纸擦去红唇上边的油渍。
As I was running towards the regular bus stop,
当我朝车站奔去时,
the bus started off and and disappeared in the distance...
公交车刚刚出发,消失在远处......
My Mother
我的母亲
My mother is a kind and gentle woman.
我的母亲是一位心地善良,性情温和的女性,
She is always very gentle.
她总是彬彬有礼。
She takes good care of all four of her children and keep us all at school.
她细心地照顾孩子们并使他们都上学读书。
I have one brother and two sisters. She gives us every comfort.
我有一个兄弟,两个妹妹,她使我们做每件事都感到舒适。
We all love her and she loves us,too.
我们都爱她,她也爱我们。
My mother has too much to do in bringing us up.
为了抚养我们,母亲有太多事要做。
As our family is too poor to keep a servant,
因为我们家很穷,雇不起佣人。
my mother always has much work to do.
母亲总是必须做很多工作。
She gets up very early and sleeps very late everyday.
她每天起早贪黑,
She works hard without complaining.
辛苦地工作,毫无怨言。
She is also a thrify and industrious woman.
她又是一位节俭勤劳的妇女。
She saves every cent that she can keeps everything in order.
她尽可能地节省每一分钱,并且使每一件事情都井井有条。
As she has been busy ever since she was young,
由于年轻时就一直忙碌,
she looks older than she really is.
所以从外表上看去更显苍老。
Her face is wrinkled her hair has become silver-white,
她的脸布满皱纹,头发也变成了灰白,
but she works as hard as ever.
但她仍然像从前一样辛勤地操劳。
Often she says to us"Work while you work play while you play.
她常对我们说:"工作时工作,玩乐时玩乐。
If you do not work, you will become lazy and of no use to society."
如果不工作,你将变得懒惰,从而无益于社会。
What a piece of good advice it is!
这是一番多么好的忠告啊!
We must always keep it in mind.
我们必须珍视它,并将它牢记于心。
浮生若梦762
美文对我国文学创作的繁荣和现代文化建设做出了巨大的贡献。现代传媒的兴盛,促进了美文的传播;而美文也在文化普及方面起着无可替代的作用。我整理了适合初中生的英语美文,欢迎阅读!
Collectibles
收藏品
Collectibles have been a part of almost every culture since ancient times.
从古代开始,收藏品就是文化的一部分。
Whereas some objects have been collected for their usefulness, others have been selected for their aesthetic beauty alone.
一些物品因它们的有用性被收藏,而另一些则纯粹因为它们的美被收藏。
In theUnited States, the kinds of collectibles currently popular range from traditional objects
在美国,当今流行的收藏品种类从传统物件,
such as stamps, coins, rare books, and art to more recent items of interest like dolls, bottles, baseball cards, and comic books.
如邮票、硬币、珍本书籍、艺术品,到更近期一些的有趣的东西,如布娃娃、瓶子、垒球卡、连环漫画册。
Interest in collectibles has increased enormously during the past decade, in part because some collectibles have demonstrated their value as investments.
对收藏品的兴趣在过去十年中大大地增长,部分原因是一些收藏品显示出了它们的投资价值。
Especially during cycles of high inflation, investors try to purchase tangibles that will at least retain their current market values.
尤其在高通货膨胀时期,投资者尽量购买那些至少会保持他们现有市场价值的有形资产。
In general, the most traditional collectibles will be sought because they have preserved their value over the years, there is an organized auction market for them,
一般来说,最传统的收藏品受青睐,因为它们多年后仍保持其价值。它们拥有完善的拍卖市场,
and they are most easily sold in the event that cash is needed. Some examples of the most stable collectibles are old masters,
在需要现金的时候最容易被卖掉。一些最稳当的收藏品是古老的画作、
Chinese ceramics, stamps, coins, rare books, antique jewelry, silver, porcelain, art by well-known artists, autographs, and period furniture.
中国陶器、邮票、硬币、珍本书籍、古代珠宝、银器、瓷器、著名艺术家的作品、亲笔签名和有时代特征的家具。
Other items of more recent interest include old photograph records, old magazines, post cards, baseball cards, art glass, dolls, classic cars, old bottles, and comic books.
其它更近期的物品有旧唱片、旧杂志、明信片、垒球卡片、彩色玻璃、布娃娃、早期汽车、古瓶和连环画册。
These relatively new kinds of collectibles may actually appreciate faster as short-term investments, but may not hold their value as long-term investments.
作为短期投资这些相对说来较新颖的收藏品的确可能更快地增值,但作为长期投资则可能不能保值。
Once a collectible has had its initial play, it appreciates at a fairly steady rate, supported by an increasing number of enthusiastic collectors competing
一旦一件收藏品有了它第一次交易,它便以一个相当稳定的比率增值,这个增值率受到越来越多的热情的收藏者的支持,
for the limited supply of collectibles that become increasingly more difficult to locate.
他们为有限的而且越来越难找到的收藏品而竞争。
Sleep
Sleet is part of a person’s daily activity cycle. There are several different stages of sleep, and they too occur in cycles. If you are an average sleeper, your sleep cycle is as follows. When you fist drift off into slumber, your eyes will roll about a bit, you temperature will drop slightly, your muscles will relax, and your breathing well slow and become quite regular. Your brain waves slow and become quite regular. Your brain waves slow down a bit too, with the alpha rhythm of rather fast waves 1 sleep. For the next half hour or so, as you relax more and more, you will drift down through stage 2 and stage 3 sleep. The lower your stage of sleep. slower your brain waves will be. Then about 40to 69 minutes after you lose consciousness you will have reached the deepest sleep of all. Your brain will show the large slow waves that are known as the delta rhythm. This is stage 4 sleep.
You do not remain at this deep fourth stage all night long, but instead about 80 minutes after you fall into slumber, your brain activity level will increase again slightly. The delta rhythm will disappear, to be replaced by the activity pattern of brain waves. Your eyes will begin to dart around under your closed eyelids as if you were looking at something occurring in front of you. This period of rapid eye movement lasts for some 8 to 15 minutes and is called REM sleep. It is during REM sleep period, your body will soon relax again, your breathing will slip gently back from stage 1 to stage 4 sleep----only to rise once again to the surface of near consciousness some 80 minutes later.
睡眠
睡眠是人每天日常活动循环的一部分。人的睡眠分几个阶段,而这些阶段也是循环发生的。如果你是一个正常的睡眠者,你的睡眠循环会这样进行。
在你开始昏昏入睡时,你的眼睛会滚动几下,体温略有下降,肌肉放松,呼吸变得缓慢而有节奏。除了开始几分钟比较快的α节奏外,脑电波也稍有减缓。
这被称为第一阶段睡眠。在随后约半小时内,你进一步放松,进入第二和第三阶段睡眠。睡眠越深入,脑电波就越缓慢。大约在开始睡眠后的40到
60分钟,你将进入沉睡状态。这时的脑电波表现为巨大的缓波,被称为δ节奏。这就是第四阶段睡眠。但你并不是整夜都保持这种沉睡状态。入睡后约
80分钟左右,你的大脑运动水平会再度略有提高。δ节奏消失,并被脑电波的运动图形取代。你的眼睛会
在闭着的眼睑下迅速转动,就好象你在看着眼前发生的什么事情。这种迅速的眼球运动持续约8~15分钟,这一阶段睡眠被称之为快速眼动(REM)睡眠。
在REM睡眠阶段,你的肢体会很快再度放松,呼吸也再次放慢并变得有节奏,你会轻松地从第一阶段滑入第四阶段睡眠-直到大约80分钟后重新接近清醒状态。
Bacteria
Bacteria are extremely small living things. While we measure our own sizes in inches or centimeters, bacterial size is measured in microns. One micron is a thousandth of a millimeter: a pinhead is about a millimeter across. Rod-shaped bacteria are usually from two to four microns long, while rounded ones are generally one micron in diameter. Thus if you enlarged a rounded bacterium a thousand times, it would be just about the size of a pinhead. An adult human magnified by the same amount would be over a mile(1.6 kilometer) tall.
Even with an ordinary microscope, you must look closely to see bacteria. Using a magnification of 100 times, one finds that bacteria are barely visible as tiny rods or dots. One cannot make out anything of their structure. Using special stains, one can see that some bacteria have attached to them wavy-looking “hairs” called flagella. Others have only one flagellum. The flagella rotate, pushing the bacteria through the water. Many bacteria lack flagella and cannot move about by their own power, while others can glide along over surfaces by some little-understood mechanism.
From the bacteria point of view, the world is a very different place from what it is to humans. To a bacterium water is as thick as molasses is to us. Bacteria are so small that they are influenced by the movements of the chemical molecules around them. Bacteria under the microscope, even those with no flagella, often bounce about in the water. This is because they collide with the watery molecules and are pushed this way and that. Molecules move so rapidly that within a tenth of a second the molecules around a bacteria have all been replaced by new ones; even bacteria without flagella are thus constantly exposed to a changing environment.
细菌细菌是极其微小的生物体。我们用英寸或厘米来测量自己的大小,而测量细菌却要用微米。一微米等于千分之一毫米。针头直径大约一毫米。
棒状细菌通常有2~4微米长,而圆形细菌的直径一般只有1微米。因此,即使你把一个圆形细菌放大1000倍,它也不过一个针头那么大。
可是如果把一个成年人放大1000倍,就会变成1英里(或1.6公里)多高。用一般的显微镜观察细菌时,你必须仔细观察才能看见它们。使用
100倍的显微镜时,你会发现细菌不过是隐约可见的小细棒或小点点,而它们的结构你却根本看不出来。使
用特殊的着色剂后,你会发现有的细菌上长着不少波状的"毛发"即鞭毛,而有的细菌只有一根鞭毛。鞭毛的旋转可以推动细菌在水中行进。
不少细菌没有鞭毛,因而不能自己行进。还有些细菌却能通过某些鲜为人知的机制沿物体表面滑动。我们所熟知的世界在细菌眼中完全是另一个样子。
对于细菌来说,水就同糖浆之于人类一样稠密。细菌是如此的微小,周围化学分子的一举一动都会对它们产生影响。在显微镜下,细菌,甚至包括那些没有鞭
毛的细菌,经常在水中跳来跳去。这是因为它们与水分子相撞后,被弹向各个方向。分子移动很迅速,仅0.1
秒之隔,一个细菌周围的分子就会完全更新。因此,即使是没有鞭毛的细菌也暴露在一个不断变化的环境中。
优质英语培训问答知识库