海狸鼠小姐
这有一片挺好的,不过是短文,不知道介不介意。。 《Life and society》 I have a friend, he said: "life is just a game, as long as you're not careful, soon will be found out." This is right. In life, many vain, even no one. To ask why this is, don't die because of his selfishness? Have a nasty suspects, nearly backed up 17 times, sitting in jail for nearly 15 times. He repeated illegal reason is betrayed by friends, relatives, and on the streets. Criminal in jail can eat into things, at least somewhere. This society is reduced to what extent, forced to by law and fine person is chilling. Yes, social science and technology are developed now. But look on the streets, where not a beggar, where not the woebegone expression. Why do I feel unworthy for them, because these trivial things of life. As long as the life is full of hope, the harvest is not good and happiness? The idea and who can understand, and who really did it? I sincerely hope that society can become kind and beautiful. Also can make the populace to live and work in peace and contentment.大意: 《生活与社会》 我有一个朋友,他这样说道:“人生不过就是一场游戏,只要稍不留神,就会很快被判出局。” 这一点没错。在生活中,许多人爱慕虚荣,甚至变得六亲不认。要问这是为什么,难道不死因为自己的私心吗?有一个龌龊的嫌疑犯,将近犯法17次,坐牢坐了将近15次。他屡次犯法的原因就是被朋友、亲人背叛,流落街头。起码犯法坐牢能吃到东西,有容身之处。这个社会是落魄到什么程度,逼得好好的人却要靠犯法为生,实在是让人心寒。 是呀,现在的社会科技是发达了。但在街头放眼望去,哪里不是乞丐,哪里不是人们愁眉苦脸的神情。我真为他们感到不值,为什么因为这些生活的琐事而烦恼。只要对生活充满希望,收获到的不就是美好与幸福的吗?这种想法谁又能理解,谁又真正做到了呢? 我真诚地希望社会能变得善良、美好。也能使平民们安居乐业。
多彩装修
If you're doing something because you're imagining what people will think when they see you doing it,
如果你做某件事的原因仅仅是因为,你会想象旁人看到你做这件事的时候作何反响
you're not doing it for the right reason.
那么,你的动机并不正确
It's the things you do,
你所做的事情,
even though you might get made fun of by those you fear seeing you do it,
——尽管你可能害怕别人看到你做这件事,害怕他们会因此嘲笑你——
that define your true passions.
界定了你内心真正的渴望
Pursue the things that scare you
去追求那些让你感到敬畏的事情吧
even though you might "embarrass" yourself.
尽管你可能在人前感到尴尬
The embarrassment isn't real.
这种尴尬的感觉会很快消失
The people you feel "embarrassed" by are scared too.
让你感到“尴尬”的人也会因你所追求的事业而惶恐
I was and sometimes am one of them.
我曾经是,现在有时也是,这些人中的一员
The hesitancy to pursue these things are what you'll regret.
如果在追求这些目标的时候踟蹰不前,日后一定会后悔
Do what makes you happy and I'll try to do the same.
做那些让你感到快乐的事情吧!我也会这样做!做让自己快乐的事情
刘德华特首
我觉得高中提高阅读就是选择自己喜爱的领域找原版书看。一定不要名著,因为词太难而且不太常用,当然死磕的大神可以坚持。我推荐几本我爱看的。首先入门选择
学生首选 ,口语化 简单易懂也很有趣。重点是你有同感。flat tire(原来车胎破了没气可以这样表达)
单色的星空
(1)My dream When I was two or three years old I didn’t go to sleep So my Daddy told me two stories daily I knew a lot of fairy tales Some night I dreamed many beautiful things Time passes by I am a pupil of Grade Four I have a new dream now Do you want to know it? It’s an angle in white She can’t fly but she can save patient’s life My new dream is to be a doctor in the future I have to study hard to prepare for my dream A dream is a dream but I believe in myself May my dream come true! (2)My Dream When I was a child My dream was in the sky When I grew up I lowered my head, walked in a hurry To look for my dream But I cannot find the direaction of my dream I was tired,I lied down Watched the blue sky I found at last suddenly that My dream was in the sky! I stood up immediatly Walking in a hurry Looking for my dream Going on3.a grain of sand william blaketo see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.一粒沙子 /威廉.布莱克 从一粒沙子看到一个世界,从一朵野花看到一个天堂, 把握在你手心里的就是无限, 永恒也就消融于一个时辰。 比较短,不知对你有没有帮助。 4.'Who has 'seen the 'wind? 'nether 'I 'nor you; But' when the 'leaves'hang'trembling 'The wind is passing 'though. 'Who has 'seen the 'wind? 'nether 'you 'nor I; But 'when the 'trees 'blow donw their 'heads The 'wind is passing 'by有谁见过风?不是我也不是你;一旦树摇风婆娑,顿觉风乍起.有谁见过风?不是你也不是我;但当树木低头时,就有风吹过. 克里斯蒂娜.罗赛蒂
木匠森林
《葬花词的》英文版也很好Flowers fade and fly, and flying fill the sky;Their bloom departs, their perfume gone, yet who stands pitying by?And wandering threads of gossamer on the summer-house are seen,And falling catkins lightly dew-steeped strike the embroidered screen.A girl within the inner rooms, I mourn that spring is done,A veil of sorrow binds my heart, and solace there is none.I pass into the garden, and I turn to use my hoe,Treading over fallen glories as I lightly come and go.There are willow-sprays and flowers of elm, and these have scent enough.I care not if the peach and plum, are stripped from every bough.The peach-tree and the plum-tree too next year may bloom again,But next year, in the inner rooms, tell me, shall I remain?By the third moon new fragrant nests shall see the light of day,New swallows fly among the beams, each on its thoughtless way.Next year once more they'll seek their food among the painted flowers,But I may go, and beams may go, and with them swallow bowers.Three hundred days and sixty make a year, and therein lurkDaggers of wind and swords of frost to do their cruel work.How long will last the fair fresh flower which bright and brighter glows?One morning its petals float away, but to where no-one knows.Gay bloooming buds attract the eye, faded they're lost to sight;Oh, let me sadly bury them beside these steps tonight.Alone, unseen, I seize my hoe, with many a bitter tear;They fall upon the naked stem and stains of blood appear.The night-jar now has ceased to mourn, the dawn comes on apace,I seize my hoe and close the gates, leaving the burying-place;But not until sunbeams dot the wall does slumber soothe my care,The cold rain pattering on the pane as I lie shivering there.You wonder that with flowing tears my youthful cheek is wet;They partly rise from angry thoughts, and partly from regret.Regret that spring comes suddenly; and anger that it cannot last.No sound to announce its approach, or warn us when it's passed.Last night within the garden sad songs were faintly heard,Sung, as I knew, by spirits, spirits of flower and bird.We cannot keep them here with us, these much-loved birds and flowers,They sing but for a season's space, and bloom a few short hours.If only I on a feathered wing might soar aloft and fly,With flower spirits I would seek the rooms within the sky.But high in the airWhat grave is there?No, give me an embroidered bag within to lay their charms,And Mother Earth, pure Mother Earth, shall hide them in her arms.Thus those sweet forms which spotless came shall spotless go again,Nor pass dirty with mud and filth along some filthy drain.Farewell, dear flowes, forever now, thus buried as was best,I have not yet divined when I with you shall sink to rest.I who can bury flowers like this a laughing-stock shall be;I cannot say in days to come what hands shall bury me.See how when spring begins to fail each opening flower fades;So too there is a time of age and death for beautiful maids;And when the fleeting spring is gone, and days of beauty over,Flowers fall, and lovely maidens die, and both are known no more.花谢花飞飞满天,红消香断有谁怜?游丝软系飘春榭,落絮轻粘扑绣帘。闺中女儿惜春暮,愁绪满怀无着处,手把花锄出绣帘,忍踏落花来复去?柳丝榆荚自芳菲,哪管桃飘与李飞,桃李明年能再发,明年闺中知有谁?三月香巢初垒成,梁间燕子太无情,明年花发虽可啄,却不道人去梁空巢已倾。一年三百六十日,风刀霜剑严相逼,明媚鲜妍能几时,一朝漂泊难寻觅。花开易见落难寻,阶前愁煞葬花人,独把花锄偷洒泪,洒上空枝见血痕。杜鹃无语正黄昏,荷锄归去掩重门,青灯照壁人初睡,冷雨敲窗被未温。怪侬底事倍伤神?半为怜春半恼春,怜春忽至恼忽去,至又无言去不闻。昨宵亭外悲歌发,知是花魂与鸟魂?花魂鸟魂总难留,鸟自无言花自羞。愿侬此日生双翼,随花飞到天尽头。天尽头!何处有香丘?未若锦囊收艳骨,一□净土掩风流,质本洁来还洁去,强于污淖陷渠沟。尔今死去侬收葬,未卜侬身何日丧?侬今葬花人笑痴,他年葬侬知是谁?试看春残花渐落,便是红颜老死时。一朝春尽红颜老,花落人亡两不知!
豪廷布艺
True Nobility In a calm sea, every man is a pilot. But all sunshine without shade,all pleasure without pain,is not life at all.Take the lot of happiest--it is a tangled yarn.Bereavements and blessings,one following another,make us sad and blessed by turns.Even death itself makes life more loving. Men come closest to their true selves in the sober moments of life,under the shadows of sorrow and loss. In the affairs of life or of business,it is not intellect that tells so much as character,not brains so much as heart ,not genius so much as self-control,patience,and discipline,regulated by judgment. I have always believed that the man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more simply without.In an age of extravagance and waste,I wish I could show to the world how few the real wants of humanity are. To regret one's errors to the point of not repeating them is true repentance.There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man.The true nobility is in being supior to your previous self. 意:真正的高贵 文 海明威 译 蒋来 风平浪静之时,人人皆能驾驭船只。 倘只见阳光不见阴霾,只见愉悦欢笑,不见悲伤泪泣,其去生活的本意也渐远了。人生至乐,其实如一团纠结的麻线;事有悲欢离合,因循往复,人有喜怒哀乐,周而复始,甚至死亦能让人对生益加眷恋。所以,人当惘然若失,悲从衷来之时,往往最接近自我。 不论人生琐事,还是职场羁务,就其作用论,才智不及性情,大脑不如内心,禀赋不企有赖于判断力的自制,耐心,纪律和规律;余不一一。 我深信为人内行醇谨之始,于外在则更趋简单。而今之世,物欲充塞,奢靡成风,我愿告之世人,内心真正需求之物,本不甚多。 错而能改,不蹈覆辙,始为真悔;胜人一筹,高人一等,妄论高贵;真高贵者,唯在于能胜己,汲取前路得失,以期后有所成。
loversea2005
英语 散文 以优美的语言美丽,给人以独特的阅读享受,是放松我们心情的阅读伴侣。下面我为大家带来英语散文经典名篇欣赏,欢迎大家阅读!英语散文经典名篇:海边的生活 在繁忙的生活中,不要忘记适时地停下脚步,闻一闻玫瑰花的香气,感受一下雨后空气的清新。生命短暂,时光流逝如白驹过隙一般。我们应该尽情地享受这美好的时光。 I have grown up and lived near water my entire life and l have witnessed the ocean's power in all forms. It can bring the simplest beauty in the gift of a shell or the harshest danger from the pull of a rip tide. 我生长在海边,一生都在海边度过,因此,我见证了大海各种各样的力量。大海可以通过贝壳展现最纯朴的美,也能够用惊涛骇浪带来最严酷的危害。 The waves, currents, and tides of the sea are much the same as the ups, downs and precariousness of life itself. Just as the ocean can be a mix of tranquility and disturbance so can life be a mix of calm and duress. 大海的波涛、水流与潮汐,与人生的跌宕起伏非常相似。大海可以风平浪静也可以波涛汹涌,人生也是如此,可以容纳平静与束缚。 The lessons of the sea, both good and bad, have followed me through my personal and professional life. And I have learned that I can often reflect on these and lead a more meaningful life of inner peace. 在我的个人生活与职业生涯中,大海教会我的东西很多,有好的也有坏的。而且我还发现,如果自己能经常仔细思考这些,就会过上内心平静、更具意义的生活。 It is about accepting life's balance of nature as reflected in the waters of the ocean. Facing challenges will always be a part of life, but I have learned from the sea how to face them with calm. As seaman and divers have discovered,many essential skills at sea run parallel to lessons for living a meaningful, peaceful life. 通过对海浪的思考,我学习接受生活的本质——平衡。生活中,人们总是需要面临各种各样的挑战,但是我从大海中学习到怎样才能平静地面对挑战。水手和 潜水 者们都发现,许多从海洋中学到的 经验 在把生活过得平静且充满意义这一过程中同样适用。 Sometimes body surfing can turn into an all-out knockdown fest from the ocean. Wave after wave seems to come quicker before you can catch a good one. And dodging, diving and coming up for air before the next one strikes can send you swimming for shore. 有时,人体冲浪会演变成全力以赴对抗大海的狂欢。在你捕捉到适宜的海浪之前,浪潮一浪又一浪地涌向你,越来越快。在海浪把你冲到岸边之前,要注意躲闪、潜伏、抬头换气。 Challenges in life seem to come in waves and we can find our dexterity for handling tough situations waning.Face those waves head on just like a boat, or else you'll capsize. If you procrastinate. whine, and complain about the hard situations in life, the waves of difficulties will roll you upside down. Be proactive when facing down a challenge.Be determined to solve your problems, or life will be determined to knock you down like a rogue wave. 生活中的挑战似乎也是一波一波到来的,而且我们会发现自己处理棘手情况的能力正在减弱。面对挫折就好比迎着海浪前进的航船,一不小心就会倾覆。如果你犹豫不决、悲悲戚戚、牢骚满腹地抱怨生活的艰难,那么一浪又一浪的困境将会让你摔个底朝天。在面临挑战的时候,你要主动出击。你必须下定决心去解决自己的问题,否则生活将会像滔天的巨浪一样把你击倒。 英语散文经典名篇:阳光下的时光 "...I was rich, if not in money, in sunny hours and summer days."-Henry David Thoreau. “……我虽然不是富甲天下,却拥有无数个艳阳天和夏日。”——亨利·大卫·梭罗 When Thoreau wrote that line, he was thinking of the Walden Pond he knew as a boy. 写这句话时,梭罗想起了孩提时代的瓦尔登湖。 Woodchoppers and the iron horse had not yet greatly damaged the beauty of its setting. A boy could go to the pond and lie on his back against the seat of a boat, lazily drifting from shore to shore while the loons dived and the swallows dipped around him. Thoreau loved to recall such sunny hours and summer days "when idleness was the most attractive and productive business." 那时候,伐木者和火车尚未严重破坏湖畔的美丽景致。小男孩可以走向湖中,背靠小舟,自一岸缓缓漂向另一岸,周围有鸟儿戏水,燕子翻飞。梭罗喜欢回忆这样的艳阳天和夏日,“慵懒是最迷人也是最具吸引力的事情!” I too was a boy in love with a pond, rich in sunny hours and summer days. Sun and summer are still what they always were, but the boy and the pond changed. The boy, who is now a man, no longer finds much time for idle drifting. The pond has been annexed by a great city. 我曾经也是热爱池塘的小男孩,拥有无数个艳阳天与夏日。如今阳光、夏日依旧,但男孩和池塘却已改变。男孩已经长大成人,不再有那么多时间泛舟湖上,而池塘也为大城市结合。 The swamps where herons once hunted are now drained and filled with houses. The bay where water lilies quietly floated is now a harbor for motor boats. In short,everything that the boy loved no longer exists - except in the man's memory of it. 曾有苍鹭觅食的沼泽,现如今已枯竭殆尽,上面盖满了房舍。曾有睡莲静静漂浮的湖面,现如今已成了摩托艇的避风港。总之,男孩所爱的一切都已不复存在——只留在人们的回忆中。 Some people insist that only today and tomorrow matter. But how much poorer we would be if we really lived by that rule! So much of what we do today is frivolous and futile and soon forgotten. So much of what we hope to do tomorrow never happens. 有些人坚持认为只有今日和明日才是重要的,可是如果真的照此生活,我们将是何其可怜!许多我们今日做的事都是琐碎无聊的,而且很快就会被忘记。许多我们期待明日要做的事却从来没有发生过。 The past is the bank in which we store our most valuable possession: the memories that give meaning and depth to our lives. 过去是一所银行,我们将最宝贵的财富——回忆珍藏其中,回忆赋予我们生命的意义和深度。 Those who truly treasure the past will not bemoan the passing of the good old days, because days enshrined in memory are never lost. 那些真正珍惜过去的人,不会惋惜旧日美好时光的逝去,因为珍藏于记忆深处的时光永不流失。 Death itself is powerless to still a remembered voice or erase a remembered smile. And for one boy who is now a man, there is a pond which neither time nor tide can change, where he can still spend a quiet hour in the sun. 死亡本身无力止住一个记亿中的声音,或抹掉一个记忆中的微笑。对现已长大成人的那个男孩来说,有一个池塘不会因时间和潮汐而改变,在那里,他可以继续享受阳光下的安静时光。 英语散文经典名篇:人生如旅程 Life comes in a package. This package includes happiness and sorrow, failure and success, hope and despair. Life is a learning process. Experiences in life teach us new lessons and make us a better person. With each passing day we learn to handle various situations. 人生好似一个包裹,这个包裹里藏着快乐与悲伤、成功与失败,希望与绝望。人生也是一个学习的过程。那些经历给我们上了全新的课,让我们变得更好。随着每一天的过去,我们学会了处理各种各样的问题。 Love 爱 Love plays a pivotal role in our life. Love makes you feel wanted. Without love a person could go haywire and also become cruel and ferocious. In the early stage of our life, our parents are the ones who showed us with unconditional love and care, they teach us about what is right and wrong, good and bad. But we always tend to take this for granted.It is only after marriage and having kids that a person understands and becomes sensitive to others feelings. Kids make a person responsible and mature and help us to understand life better. 爱在生活之外扮演了一个关键的角色。爱使你想要得到些什么。没有爱,一个人将走向不归路,变得凶暴、残忍。在我们最初的人生道路上,我们的父母给予了我们无条件的关爱,他们教会我们判断正确与错误、好与坏。然而我们常常把这想当然了,只有等到我们结了婚并且有了孩子之后,一个人才会懂得并注意别人的感受。 孩子让我们变得富有责任心、变得成熟稳重,并且更好的理解人生。 Happiness and Sorrow 快乐与悲伤 Materialistic happiness is short-lived, but happiness achieved by bringing a smile on others face gives a certain level of fulfillment. Peace of mind is the main link to happiness. No mind is happy without peace. We realize the true worth of happiness when we are in sorrow. Sorrow is basically due to death of a loved one, failure and despair. But these things are temporary and pass away. 物质上的快乐往往是短暂的,然而,当你给予他人一个微笑的时候,那种满足却是无与伦比的。心灵的平静往往是快乐的源泉。没有平和的心态就没有快乐的心情。 在伤心的时候,我们往往能够体会到快乐的真谛。悲伤基本都来自于一个爱人的去世、失败还有绝望,但是这样的事情都是暂时的,总会过去的。 Failure and Success 失败与成功 Failure is the path to success. It helps us to touch the sky, teaches us to survive and shows us a specific way. Success brings in money, fame, pride and self-respect. Here it becomes very important to keep our head on our shoulder. The only way to show our gratitude to God for bestowing success on us is by being humble, modest, courteous and respectful to the less fortunate ones. 失败是成功之母。它让我们触及蓝天,它教会我们如何生存,它给予我们一条特殊的路。成功给予我们金钱、名誉、骄傲和自尊。这里,保持头脑清醒便显得尤为重要。唯一能让我们感激上帝给予的成功便是始终卑微、谦虚、礼貌并且尊重没有我们幸运的人们。 Hope and Despair 希望与绝望 Hope is what keeps life going. Parents always hope their children will do well. Hope makes us dream. Hope builds in patience. Life teaches us not to despair even in the darkest hour, because after every night there is a day. Nothing remains the same we have only one choice - keep moving on in life and be hopeful. 希望是人生动力之源。父母总是希望自己的孩子能够做得很好。希望使我们有梦想。希望使我们变得有耐心。人生教会我们即使是在最困难的时候都不要绝望,因为黑暗之后终将是黎明。没有什么事一成不变的,我们惟有充满希望地继续生活。 Life teaches us not to regret over yesterday, for it has passed and is beyond our control. Tomorrow is unknown, for it could either be bright or dull. So the only alternative is work hard today, so that we will enjoy a better tomorrow.