唐尼小姐
一、点套餐Please give me this one. 请给我来这个。We want two number eights, please. 我们要两份第八套餐。二、随意点餐May I have a menu, please?我可以看菜单吗?Could you tell me how this thing is cooked?能否告诉我这道菜是怎么做的?Lobster? It is steamed and served with our special sauce.龙虾?蒸过后加上本店特制的调味料。Is it good?好吃吗?Sure. It is a most popular dish.当然,很受欢迎的。I think I will try some lobster, and give me some green salad together. 我想我来点儿吧。再给我一份蔬菜沙拉。We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like?我们有三种沙拉调味汁,您要哪种?What kind do you have?你们有什么?We have Italian, French and Thousand Island. 有意大利,法国和千岛的。 Make it French please. 给我法式的吧。
原来我在这里8
Kaylee: do you want to go out for dinner tonight?Nathan: sure. Have you got anywhere in mind?K: I'm starving, so maybe we could go somewhere with large portions.N: that Italian restaurant in the city centre always has large portions. Do you want to go there?K: I'm not really in the mood for Italian, actually. I was thinking of something a bit spicy.N: if you want spicy food, then I'd recommend going to a Thai, Indian or Chinese restaurant. How about that Chinese buffet on Cowley Road?K: I really like that restaurant; you get a lot for your money there. But, they've westernized their food, so it's not actually that spicy.N: you're right. Most of their dishes have sweet sauces. We could try that Indian restaurant just down the road from us.K: the Taj? They're a bit expensive, but they do serve large portions of very hot food.N: the Taj it is then.K: shall we bring our own bottle of wine to save some money?N: they'll still charge us a corkage fee.K: that's right. It'll probably work out to be about the same then anyway.N: don't worry about money. I'll treat you tonight.K: are you sure? We could go Dutch.N: no, I'll pay. It's my turn anyway. You paid last time.K: I won't argue with that! Let's go!你今晚想去外面吃饭吗?当然想了.你心里想好去哪儿了吗?我饿了,所以咱们去个饭量足的饭馆吧.市中心的那家意大利餐馆给的菜量都很足.你想去那儿吗?我今天实在不想吃意大利菜.我想吃点辣的.如果你想吃辣的,那我建议你去泰国餐馆,印度餐馆或者中餐馆.要不去考雷路的中式自助餐厅怎么样?我特别喜欢那家餐厅.在那儿总是物超所值.不过他们那儿做的菜已经有点西化了,不像原来那么辣了.你说的没错.他们做的大部分菜都加了甜味酱汁.咱们可以去沿着这条路走下去的那家印度餐厅.“泰姬”?那家有点贵,但是他们家做的菜分量都很足.那就泰姬吧.咱们可以自己带酒过去吗?这样可以节省一点钱.他们会收开瓶费的.你说的对.有可能算完价钱跟在那儿点酒价钱一样.
巫毒小子
A: What can I do for you?B: I would like to order something to eat.A:What soup would you like?B: How about tomatoes and eggs?A: Ok, anything else?B: I would like to have a bowl of rice, some vegetables and pork.A: OK, Do you want to have a drink?B: Yes, I would like to have some orange juice and a bottle of coke.A: Ok, anything else.B: No, thank you.
曼妙樱花
Waiter, we have been waiting for 20 minutes. Wouldyou mind hurrying?
服务员,我们已经等了20分钟了,能快点吗?
I am sorry, sir, the fish you ordered will take a longertime because we make it with fresh fish.
非常抱歉,先生,您的菜要花长点时间去准备,因为我们是用鲜鱼做的。
That's fine. Would you please bring me some wine?
很好,能给我些酒吗?
Sure, is dry white wine OK?
当然,干白葡萄酒可以吗?
Yes. Thank you.
好的,谢谢。
Do you like the food here?
您喜欢这里的菜肴吗?
Yes. The baked fish was out of this world.
是的,烤鱼实在是太好吃了。
I am glad you like it.
很高兴您喜欢。
Can we have the bill now?
我们现在可以结账吗?
Sure. It's $100.
当然,总共100美元。
Hey!That food was terrific.I can't eat another bite.Are you sure you don't want another dish?
嘿!食物很美味。我一口也吃不下去了。你确定你不要再来一道菜?
No.I'm full.My stomach isn't growling at me any more.
不,我饱了。我的肚子已经不咕咕叫了。
I know what you mean.I'm so full that I can burst.
Shall we go then?
我明白你的意思。我饱到快要爆炸了。那么我们走了吗?
I'm all set.Thank you for the dinner.Jack.
我吃饱了.杰克,谢谢你的晚餐。
You are welcome.
不客气。
A:Can you manage chopsticks?
你能用筷子吗?
B:Why not? See.
为什么不能?看!
A:Good mastery. How do you like our Chinese food?
好功夫。你觉得我们中国食物怎么样?
B:Oh,at! It's delicious. You see, I am already putting on weight. There is one thing I don't like however, MSG.
太好了,真好吃。你看,我都发福了。不过还是有一样我不喜欢的,那就是味精。
A:What's wrong with MSG? It helps to bring out the taste of the food.
味精怎么了?它可以使人吃起菜来津津有味。
B:According to some studies it may cause cancer.
一些研究表明,它有可能引起癌症。
A:Oh, don't let that worry you. If that were true, China wouldn't have such a large population.
喔,不要担心。如果是那样,中国就不会有这么多人了。
B:I just happen to have a question for you guys. Why do the Chinese cook the vegetables? You see what I mean is that most vitamin are destroyed when heated.
我正有一个问题要问你们,为什么中国人都要把蔬菜炒熟啊?我是说,当加热的时候,很多营养都被破坏了。
A:I don't know exactly. It's a tradition. Maybe it's for sanitary reasons.
我不太知道,这是一个传统,或许是出于卫生的原因吧。
A:The portions here are man sized. We usually end up taking half of the meal home with us.
这里的食物很大份,我们通常都会把剩下的一半带回去。
B:Everything looks so good. Is there anything in particular that you recommend?
每道菜看起来都很可口,有什么你特别想推荐的吗?
A:Hey, sis. You know me, if I don't like everything on the menu, I don't go back to the restaurant!
老妹,你知道我这个人要不是菜单上所有的食物我都喜欢,我是不会再光顾这家餐厅的!
B:So you're saying I can't go wrong with anything I order? In that case...
你是说我不管点什么都不会错吗?如果是这样...
A:Wait, you love salmon, don't you? They have the best salmon pasta.
等一下,你喜欢蛙鱼吧?他们的蛙鱼通心面很棒。
B:That sounds really good! Does it come with a soup?
那听起来很不错!有汤吗?
A:Soup and bread and salad bar! I'm telling you, these people know how to keep you coming back!
汤、面包和沙拉吧!我告诉你,这家餐厅深谙留住顾客之道!
B:I see what you mean!
我懂你的意思!
A: Two number 3s, please.
A:我要两份3号餐。
B: All right. What would you like to drink?
B:好的,饮料要喝什么?
A: Diet Coke.
A:健怡可乐。
B: Regular or large?
B:普通杯还是大杯?
A: Regular, please.
A:普通杯。
B: OK. Anything else?
B:好的,还要点些什么吗?
A: No, thanks.
A:没有了。
B: For here or to go?
B:在这里吃还是带走?
A: For here.
A:在这里吃。
John: Eating is a real passion for me.
约翰:我对品尝美食真的很有热情。
Sharon: Me too.
莎伦:我也是。
John: I love all types of food. Which is your favorite dish?
约翰:我喜欢所有类型的食物。你最喜欢什么菜?
Sharon: Ahm…my favorite type of food is probably Sichuan food which is one of the spiciest Chinese cuisines.
莎伦:嗯……我最喜欢四川菜,这是中国菜中最辣的菜系之一。
John: I am a big fan of spicy food, too.
约翰:我也非常喜欢辣味食物。
Sharon: I have visited Chengdu and the food there was quite amazing.
莎伦:我去过成都,那里的美食真的非常棒。
John: Spicy food is good in the winter.
约翰:冬天吃辣味的食物很好。
Sharon: Because it can warm you up when the weather is cold!
莎伦:因为冬天吃辛辣的食物能使你暖和起来!
John: Yes, I think so. Eating Sichuan food in the room makes me feel so good when the weather is very cold.
约翰:是的,我也这么认为。当天气很冷的时候,坐在屋子里吃四川菜感觉真的很好。
Sharon: Oh, my mouth is watering.
莎伦:噢,我都在流口水了。
John: Maybe we can go to a Sichuan restaurant for supper.
约翰:也许我们可以去一家四川餐馆吃晚饭。
Sharon: Good idea!
莎伦:好主意!