casa1363007
B: 是啊(我知道)。我那时候真的是一个不成熟的小女孩。我以前从来不会想去了解他是个怎么样的人。我很高兴我终于长大了。Scott 是一个很好的人。
“fill someone in” 虽然看起来跟之前的”fill in”看来有点像,意思倒是完全不一样。”fill someone in” 是告诉某个人一些事情(内幕、消息等),让对方可以对一些事情的情况有所了解。
55. Get with it! 跟上(时势、潮流、事情的发现状况等)吧!
A: You know. I noticed that almost everyone in my class owns a cell phone.
A: 你知道吗? 我发觉我们班上几乎每一个人都有一台手机。
B: Please! Cell phones are a necessity nowadays days. Get with it.
B: 拜托! 现在手机是必需品。你跟上时代好不好?
英文里的”with”有「一起」的意思。”get with it” 就就可以用来表示「跟上」(这里的 it 代表所指的事情)啰!”cell phone” 是”cellular telephone” 的简称。
56. the bottom line 最主要的
A: I guess my boyfriend and I are finally calling it quits. We live 3000 miles apart from each other. Long-distance relationships are just impossible.
A: 我想我男朋友跟终于是要结束了。我们俩相距三千哩。长距离的感情是不可能(维持得下去)的。
B: That’s not always true. There are success stories. If both of you really share the same goals and feel you want to pursue, then you can both have a future together. The bottom line is – you have to want it to work.
B: 不一定都是这样。有人也成功过。如果你们二个都有相同的目标,愿意一起追求的话,你们是可以有前途的。重点是,你(们)必须想要这份感情(它)维持下去。
很多时候别人也是叽哩瓜啦说了一堆话后,才冒出一个真正重要的关键话来,这也就是所谓的”the bottom line”了。
57. go the extra mile 多付出代价;多努力一点
A: Nobody will ever believe anything I say again.
A: 不会有人再相信我所说的任何话了!
B: In that case, you have to go the extra mile to prove your credibility.
B: 如果是这样的话,你就得多作一点,来证明你的可信度啰。
“go the extra mile” 的原意是「多走一哩路」。口语里面把它用来指「多付出一分代价」也是很有意思的喔!
58. in the driver’s seat 掌有控制权
A: I should’ve hired somebody else to do this. A good designer should always listen to the voice of her clients.
A: 我早该请别人来做这份差事的。一个好的设计师是应该都听从她的客户的意见的。
B: Honey, you can’t always be in the driver’s seat. I’m sure Lisa is a very good designer. She knows what she’s doing. Have some faith in her.
B: 亲爱的,你不能凡事都想自己作主。我确信 Lisa 是一个很好的设计师。她知道要怎么作。你要对她有信心点。
当一个人坐在司机(开车的人)的座位上时,是不是要把车开向左或向右都随他呢? 所以用”in the driver’s seat ” 来形容一个人对一件事掌有控制权实在是再恰当不过了,不是吗?
59. 24-7 一天到晚;全天候
A: Are you and Christina still together?
A: 你和 Christina 还在一块儿吗?
B: No. I’m not seeing here anymore. She’s the kind of girl that likes to hang around 24-7. That was just too much for me, so…
B: 没有。没跟她见面了。她是那种时时刻刻都想跟你腻在一起的那女孩子。太多(辛苦)了,所以就….
“24-7″ 指的是”24 hours a day, 7 days a week” 的意思。就变成「整天、随时」的意思了。念的时后就念 “twenty-four seven” 就好了。
60. missing the boat 错过(好机会、好东西等)
A: Jenny is not coming today. She decided to go shopping with her sister instead.
A: Jenny 今天晚上不来了。她决定改跟她姐姐逛街购物去了。
B: I see somebody is missing the boat. I wonder how she’s going to feel once she finds out who’s here tonight.
B: (我看到)有人错过大好机会了,我想知道她一旦知道今天晚上谁在这里时的反应会是怎么样。
“missing the boat” 的原意是「错过要搭的船」的意思。在口语里常被用来指「错失」的意思。好比有的人可能觉得白米比糙米看起来漂亮,就不喜欢吃糙米。但实际上糙米的营养价值 是比白米高的,选择吃白米可能也可以看成是一种”missing the boat”啰!
等开到荼蘼
美国常用口语150句1. It's up to you.(由你决定。) 2. I envy [羡慕]you.(我羡慕你。) 3. How can I get in touch with you? 4. Where can I wash my hands? (请问洗手间在哪里?) 5. What's the weather like today?(今天天气如何?) 6. Where are you headed [朝…方向行进]? (你要到哪里去?) 7. I wasn't born yesterday.(我又不是三岁小孩。) 8. What do you do for relaxation[消遣、娱乐]?(你做什么消遣?) 9. It’s a small world.(世界真小!) 10. It’s my treat[请客、款待] this time.(这次我请客!) 11. The sooner the better. (越快越好。) 12. When is the most convenient [方便的;便利的] time for you? 13. Take your time.(慢慢来/别着急。) 14. I'm mad about Bruce Lee.(我迷死李小龙了。) I'm crazy[着迷的;狂热爱好的] about rock music. (我对摇滚乐很着迷。) 15. How do I address you?(我怎么称呼你?) 16. What was your name again? (请再说一次名字好吗?) 17. Would you care for[喜欢] a cop of coffee?(要被咖啡吗?) 18. She turns me off.(她使我厌烦。) 19. So far so good.(目前为止,一切都好。) 20. It drives[逼迫;迫使] me crazy.(它把握逼疯了。) 21. She never showed up[出席;露面].(她一直没有出现。) 22. That's not like him.(那不象是他的风格。) 23. I couldn't get through.(电话打不通。) 24. I got sick and tired of hotels.(我讨厌旅馆。) 25. Be my guest.(请便、别客气) 26. Can you keep an eye on my bag?(帮我看一下包好吗?) 27. Let's keep in touch.(让我们保持联系。) 28. Let's call it a day[决定或同意暂时或永久停止(进行某事)]. 29. I couldn't help[避免;阻止] it.(我没办法。) 30. Something's come up[发生/出现].(有点事/出事了) 31. Let's get to the point[要点/核心问题].(让我们来谈要点。) 32. Keep that in mind.(记住那件事。) 33. That was a close call.(太危险了/千钧一发) 34. I'll be looking forward to it.(我将期待这一天。) 35. Chances are slim[渺茫的;微小的].(机会很小。) 36. Far from it.(一点也不。) 37. I’m behind in my work.(我工作进度落后了。) 38. It's a pain in the neck[麻烦的事(人)].(那真是件麻烦事) 39. We're in the same boat.(我们处境相同。) 40. My mouth is watering.(我在流口水了。) 41. What do you recommend?(你推荐什么?) 42. I ache all over.(我浑身酸痛。) 43. I have a runny nose.(我流鼻涕。) 44. It's out of the question.(这是不可能的。) 45. Do you have any openings?(你们有空缺吗?) 46. It doesn't make any difference.(没什么差别/无所谓。) 47. I'm fed up[极其厌烦] with him.(我受够他了。) 48. You can count on[指望;依赖] us.(你可以信赖我们。) 49. It doesn't work.(坏了;不动了。) 50.It's better than nothing.(总比什么都没有好。) 51. Think nothing of it.(别放在心上。) 52. I'm not myself today.(我今天心神不宁。) 53. I have a sweet tooth.(我喜欢吃甜食。) 54. I can't express[表示;表达;表明] myself very well in English. (我不能很好地用英语表达自己。) 55. For the time being.(暂时;暂且;目前) 56. This milk has gone bad.(这牛奶变质了。) 57. Don't beat around the bush. (别拐弯抹角了。) 58. It's up in the air[悬而未决].(尚未确定。) 59. Math is beyond[对某人而言难以想象/理解/估计] me.(我对数学无能为力。) 60. It slipped my mind.(我忘了。) 61. You can't please[使人感到满意和愉快] everyone.(你不可能讨好每一个人。) 62. I'm working on[着手;从事] it.(我正在努力。) 63. You bet!(当然!) 64. Drop me a line[短信].(写封信给我) 65. Are you pulling my leg[同某人开玩笑;取笑]?(你在开我玩笑吗?) 66. Sooner or later.(迟早会的。) 67. I'll keep my ears open.(我会留意的。) 68. It isn't much.(那是微不足道的。) 69. Neck and neck.(不分上下。) 70. I'm feeling under the weather.(我觉得不舒服/精神不好/情绪低落。) 71. Don't get me wrong[误解].(不要误会我。) 72. I'm under a lot of pressure.(我压力很大。) 73. You're the boss.(听你的。) 74. It doesn't make any sense!(毫无意义!) 75. If I were in your shoes[处在某人的位置].(如果我是你的话。) 76. What's this regarding?(这是关于哪方面的?) 77. Over my dead body!(休想!) 78. Can you give me a hand[帮手;援助]?(你能帮个忙吗?) 79. We have thirty minutes to kill[消磨;打发(时间)].(我们有三十分钟空闲时间。) 80. Whatever you say.(随便你。) 81. It'll come to me.(我会想起来的。) 82. You name[具体地(说出来)] it!(你说出来。) 83. Time will tell.(时间会证明的。) 84. I will play it by ear[见机行事;临时现做].(我会见机行事的;到时候再说。) 85. You should take advantage of[利用] it.(你应该好好利用这个机会。) 86. Let's talk over coffee.(我们边喝边谈。) 87. Take it easy.(轻松一点;别紧张;放松放松;再见。) [这是美国人最喜欢说的话,也可作离别用语。] 88. I'm easy to please[使…高兴;讨…喜欢].(我很容易取悦/相处。) 89. Let's give him a big hand.(让我们热烈鼓掌。) 90. As far as I'm concerned.(就我而言。) 91. I'm all mixed up.(我全搞混了。) 92. Let's get together one of these days.(找一天聚聚。) 93. He's behind the times.(他落伍了/跟不上时代了。) 94. I'm pressed for time.(我时间紧迫。) 95. I'm up to my ears[忙得不可开交;深陷于某事物中] in work.(我忙死了。) 96. You can't do this to me.(你不能这么对我。) 97. Just to be on the safe side. (为了安全起见。) 98. I hope I didn't offend you.(希望没有冒犯你。) 99. It won't take much time.(不会花很长时间的。) 100. It's been a long time.(好久不见了。) 101. It’s nothing.(小事情;不足挂齿。) 102. It’s a long story.(说来话长。) 103. It's about time.(时间差不多了。) 104. It's incredible.(难以置信!) 105. It's hard to say.(难说。) 106. I can't imagine why.(我想不通为什么。) 107. That can't be.(不可能。) 108. That's really something.(真了不起。) 109. Are you sure?(你确信吗?) 110. Are you crazy?(你疯了吗?) 111. Excuse me for a moment.(失陪一会儿。) 112. I mean it. I'm serious. I'm no kidding!(我是认真的。) 113. I'll consider this matter.(我会考虑这件事的。) 114. I'll do something about it.(我会想办法的。) 115. What are you talking about?(你在说些什么?) 116. I'm afraid I can't.(恐怕我不行。) 117. I'm dying[很想] to see you.(我真想见你。) 118. I'm flattered.(过奖了。) 119. I'm not in the mood.(我没心情。) 120. I'm so scared.(我怕极了。) 121. I can't make[赶上] it.(我去不了/我赶不上。) 122. You can never tell.(不知道/谁也没把握。) 123. I won't buy[相信;接受] you story.(我不信你那一套。) 124. It hurts like hell!(疼死啦!) 125. It can't be helped.(无能为力。) 126. Sorry to bother you.(抱歉打扰你。[事前]) Sorry to have bothered you.(抱歉打扰你。[事后]) 127. I'm always punctual.(我总是很准时。) 128. You may leave it to me.(交给我来办。) 129. I wish I could.(不行。)[委婉表达法] 130. What's the rush?(什么事那么匆忙?) 131. What's so funny/(有什么好笑的?) 132. I couldn't agree more.(我完全同意。) 133. Stay out of this matter, please.(请别管这事。) 134. Don't just shake you head.(别光摇头,想想办法!) 135. Don't jump to conclusions.(别仓促/过早下结论。) 136. That was a lousy movie.(那电影糟透了!) 137. Have you thought about staying home?(是否考虑在家呆着?) 138. I'll come. I give you my word.(我会来的。我向你保证。) 139. I swear I'll never tell anyone.(我发誓不告诉任何人。) 140. I'll make it up to you.(我会赔偿的。) 141. I'm very / really / terribly / awfully / extremely sorry.(十分抱歉!) 142. Forgive me for breaking my promise.(原谅我食言。) 143. Let's forgive and forget.(让我们摈弃前嫌。) 144. I've heard so much about you!(久仰大名!) 145. Don't underestimate me.(别小看我。) 146. She gives me a headache.(她让我头疼。) 147. It's very annoying.(真烦人。) 148. He often fails to keep his word.(他常常不遵守诺言。) 149. You made me feel ashamed of myself.(你让我感到羞愧。) 150. I hope it turns out all right.(我希望结果很好。)
笑笑之笑0
学英语的人都知道英语一般分为美式英语和英式英语。由于美式英语是后起之秀,很多人学习英语都选择美式英语。如果想知道怎样练就地道的美式英语口语,不妨接着往下看……一、美式英语的发音特点当美国人说英语时就好像是大舌头,舌头的动作幅度很大,发音通常也很卷曲。此外,美国人说英语的声音特别浑厚,声音会拖的很长。美国人说英语是一般使用腹部来发音,因为从腹部发出来的声音比较有磁,具有传染性。美国人说英语一般没有重音或者重音不明显,所以句子的语调会比较平直流畅,这使它听起来更简洁。二、美式英语发音技巧1. 使用腹腔发音美式英语一般采用腹式发音,平时可以练习一下呼吸气,虽然在发音的时候嘴唇的动作不是很大,但舌头要灵活。2、注意美式英语中儿化音我们不应该滥用美式英语的儿化音。美式英语的儿化音通常是由字母组成的单词,如er。希望大家在学习英语时能注意这一点。3. 口头和书面语要保持一致在学习英语的时候,如果你正在学习美国英语,那么无论在学习还是与人交流的时候,你都应该使用美国英语,使英语的口语和书面语是一致的,这样你才能更准确地学习。4. 句子语调要平缓使用美式英语发音时说出来的句子都是平缓顺滑的,所以当学习美式英语发音时,你必须注意在读句子时,一定要注意疑问句用升调,陈述句时用降调。只有准确的语调才能学好地道的美式英语发音。